S.ANTONINO

Sant’Antonino is part of the territory of Cantone Ticino (Svizzera) and is located in the Sopra Ceneri, on the left bank of the Ticino river, partially on the Piano di Magadino, cleared towards the 1930s, and partially down the slopes of the mountain range along the valley. Until 1820, it was the ‘Consiglio Patriziale’ that always decided the fate of the village, which, “de jure,” existed from the end of 1800. Nonetheless, the actual birth of the village was between 1820-25 when after a higher number of “foreign who were there for some time” the town assembly separated from the one of the ‘Consiglio Patriziale’ and the municipal one was established.