In Taverne, village consisting of two cores, the superior one partially belonging to the village and parish of Sigirino and partially, along with the inferior one, to the village and parish of Torricella, were found Roman remains, which are a clear sign of the inhabitance of the area already in a distant past. In 1437, it is indicated as Tabernae de Torexella. The bridge of Taverne already existed in 1496. The mayor of the sovereign Cantons was often received in the ancient ‘Rusca’ house, which is still adorned with frescoes of the second half of the 15th century and with the Cantons’ crests.
Taverne and Motto